Newborn Passports

How to Obtain a U.S. Passport for an International Newborn

Q: What forms must I complete to obtain my newborn child's passport?

You must complete an application to obtain a passport for your child. This application can be completed online or downloaded or printed from the United States Department of State's website, starting here.

Q: Is it possible to obtain my child's passport quickly?

If your travel plans require an expedited passport, please notify our office immediately after the birth. We will be more than happy to help you obtain your child's passport. You should at least allow 5-7 days for this process. You can go to a regional passport office for expedited service or we also use an expediting service, A Briggs, to help expedite passports. Please click on the link below to go directly to their website.



All communications between Reproductive Law Center and our clients are protected by the attorney-client privilege and are confidential. To represent you, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement; then we can exchange confidential information freely.

Flat-rate Service Package
Free Initial Consultation

We are able to represent intended parents, surrogates, egg donors, embryo donors, and sperm donors. Our law offices are fully equipped with highly trained paralegal and administrative staff to assist in serving our clients. We offer single-price, all-inclusive service packages or reasonable hourly fees. Your initial consultation is free.